The Legal English Level Assessment (LELA) is a quick, fun and accurate measure of Legal English. All sections are connected to one of the most exciting real-world cases in modern history. This is BETA version.
LELA also gives you information about your readiness to take a course or standardized test. It is aligned to the Common European Framework (B1-C1), TOEFL iBT (120 points), and TOLES Legal exam (foundation/advanced). A score of 80% or higher places you relative to C1 level, or a 6-week course that will get you a TOEFL 100 or a TOLES higher certificate.
Before you take LELA:
- Reading, listening, and vocabulary sections are available free of charge.
- Writing and speaking sections are exclusively for ALI partner firms.
- Each section is 15 minutes, for a maximum test time of 75 minutes.
- You may complete each section only once and without a pause.
- You will receive results and feedback after completing each section.
Thank you for visiting our website, and if not in our classroom we will see you in court!