Proofreading and Editing Services Click Here
The Advanced Language Institute is Austria’s only accredited Test of Legal English Skills (TOLES) assessment center that provides language courses in collaboration with the International Division of the Law Society of England and Wales
Legal practitioners, scholars, and support professionals who work with international clients and projects need to look, act, and communicate clearly, which is exactly how we will design your course. Your course will include flexible-delivery as well as real-world cases, arguments, and relevant communication scenarios. Our specialists will add self-directed exercises and progress checks using specific legal terminology and laws relevant to your practice.
- Real-World Projects: Understand documentation, create opening and closing arguments, improve negotiation skills, publish in a law review, translate a case or case particulars.
- Personnel Development: Build your CV and Personal Brand, make new network contacts, and expand your ability to discuss the law with international clients.
- ALI’s Signature Course Team: with three specialists focused on every learner.
- LL.M and Interview Preparation: the most successful lawyers are expert communicators. Our courses use LL.M core material and will prepare you for any LL.M or Erasmus+ law program.
- International Connections: law students who excel in our courses will be invited for ‘virtual internships’ at powerful law firms in the USA through our experiential learning partner.
- Attorney and Legal Staff working on International cases and/or legal research
- Attorneys wishing to improve and review their existing English
- Paralegals and Staff of Law Firms needing to better understand the Law
- Students planning to study Law abroad, specifically LL.M or Erasmus+
- Students preparing for an important exam or competition
Interested in our LL.M preparatory course, Legal English assessment, or a specialist course in Legal English? Fill out the form below or call now: +43 664 185 45 25
1 hour private lesson: €75
Please enquire for personalized courses for yourself or your law firm:
Jeff J. Keiser, J.D., BCL – Content Specialist
Jeff is a native English speaker and experienced attorney from New Orleans, USA. He has Managed attorneys and paralegals in the Mass Tort Department for America’s leading firms, including massive client services, complex & individual litigation, various marketing programs and research projects, handled Multi District Litigation and was instrumental in litigating major international projects such as the BP Oil Spill and Chinese Drywall cases. He is a lead course designer and workshop provider at ALI in the area of International Law. Connect directly with Jeff by signing up for our free Legal English Daily online course.
Mag. Angelika Zotter – Learning Manager
Lecturer at the University of Vienna, Faculty of Criminal Law, and Advisor to the Commissioner for Legal Protection of the Ministry of the Interior, Mag. Zotter has an English C2 level and vast knowledge of Austrian and international law. She has taught hundreds of students, is a founding content specialist at ALI in Law, has experience working at the Permanent Mission of Austria to the United Nations in New York and the Austrian Trade Commission in Venezuela. Mag. Zotter is well-known at the Uni Vienna law faculty for her positive teaching style and personalized coaching methods.
Josh Lange, EdD, MA English, IDLTM – Language Teacher
Dr. Josh Lange holds the highest level qualifications in language teaching from Cambridge University, has over 15 years worldwide experience building language teaching programs, and is the holder of many accolades including an International Teaching Excellence Award conferred by Columbia University and UCL. Josh was Chief Editor for a book on Intellectual Property and has assisted private attorneys and law students with transferable skills and learning skills as well as Legal English terminology for German native speakers.
New! Legal English Daily
Practice English for free every day on your smartphone with native speaker attorneys!
Consistent practice in English is the only way to master international law. Now you can receive daily legal vocabulary, mini-tasks, LL.M practice activities and social network by signing up to Legal English Daily. Excellent for those who want a 10-20 minute Legal English motivation and review practice or to further develop their international contacts in the law field. All for free on Google Classroom. Just sign up with email below and you’re in: