Proofreading and Editing Services Click Here
Global health professionals and associates in Human Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy need to interact with patients, colleagues, and the public with competence and care, which is exactly how we will design your course. Your course will include flexible-delivery as well as medical terminology, communication skills, and relevant scenarios for practitioners. Our specialists will add self-directed exercises and progress checks using specific medicine terminology and international standards frameworks.
- Practitioner or Academic: your course material will depend on whether you are a practitioner, student, or scholar.
- Flexible Attendance: This course can be taken partially online, and the instructors will come to your location when it fits your schedule.
- Achievement: Build your CV and Personal Brand, make new network contacts, and expand your ability to discuss medicine with patients and colleagues.
- ALI’s Signature Course Team: with three dedicated professionals to every learner.
- Certificates of Completion: Get a branded ALI certificate and detailed progress report based on the Cambridge Assessment system that you can use to support your applications abroad.
- Practitioners and Scholars who plan to present at international conferences or publish in major journals
- Participation in exchange programs and study abroad
- Applications for post-graduate training programs and professional positions
- Self-assessment against international standards
- Becoming familiar with the types of questions that are used on examinations such as the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®)
- Selection of graduates for training
Sign up now for Spring Semester with the form below or call for more details: 0664 185 45 25
Dan Melega – Language Teacher
Dan is a well-known Lecturer, Course Developer, and Editor of Medical English from Boston, USA, with over 20 years local experience in Vienna’s leading institutions, including: Medizinische Universität Wien; Gesundheits- und Krankenpflegeschule Rudolfstiftung, Hietzing, AKH,Kaiser Franz Josef Spital – SMZS; Schule für Kinder und Jugendlichen-Krankenpflege AKH; and Sprachenzentrum der Universität Wien. He owns his own language school and is regarded in Austria as a top-level language teacher for Advanced English, particularly for the healthcare industries.
Michael Kolta – Content Specialist
Michael studied Medicine at the University of Vienna and has obtained the Cambridge Proficiency C2 certificate confirming his native-level English. He recently returned from a clinical practice in Denmark where English was the main language spoken in the hospital and medical university. Michael uses a case-based method, looking specifically at real-world dialogues and examples that could be used on USMLE or other Medical Tests that require advanced English.
Josh Lange – Learning Manager
Josh has built both Advanced English and E-learning Services for medical schools on two continents. Formerly a faculty member of UCL and working directly with Europe’s #1 Hospital University College Hospital in London, he was Chief Editor for the first handbook for universities to transfer health and medicine intellectual property into social benefit for vulnerable populations. In Austria he built the e-learning infrastructure for the first private medical school in Vienna, and commands a worldwide reputation for excellence in the area of English for Specific Purposes, proofreading over 100 health publications in important international journals.